Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wan Qi's progress 2010

Haha I left her on her own to do this page. But she mixes up eyes and ears. So in the end, she told me it s ok she will do her correction. But its not on the sentence itself but I thought it's a good effort so I said good job to her.

Hee her drawing is still not up to standard , oh and her handwriting too. She is trying to label them like what she saw in some books. Good effort though so didnt ask her to redo. She told me its a bit messy but I reassured her it's quite good as this is her first attempt.
This time round she didnt draw the girl showing her teeth. My mum and I had a good laugh the other time when I saw her completing another assessment book. The girl that she had drawn looks hilarious or should I say like a monster. Cant remember which book but will post it if i find it. Wan Qi drew the girl showing her squarish teeth and her eyelashes oh my god are on her lower eyelid.

Because of her blending skills, she is also able to do the comprehension. I am really proud of her.

Wan Qi is able to do it on her own. If you try to spell it for her. She will be very angry and starts to throw tantrum. With her blending skills, she is able to guess the helping words so she has no problem doing the work with the help of the pictures too.

She will try to spell on her own, when she is wrong I will try to pronouce the words again so that she can do her blending. Really have to thank Sharon for this.


We promised that we will get her a pair of DOra high heeled shoes. But OG still haven have discount lei so on hold first.

Wan Qi had finally completed her pink series phonics book. I thought she did pretty well. 12As and 3Bs. Initially, I was a bit lazy and did not revise with her until she got a consecutive Bs for her reading. I thought to myself since I am spending the money then I should spend some time reading with her. At least before she goes to Auntie Sharon's house. Hee and bravo she didnt disappoint me. She got all As subsequently. In fact, I dont have to revise with her. Once she read once, she will be able to read it when Auntie Sharon test her as she had already acquired her bending skill quite well. Thanks to Sharon.

To tap on her ability to blend, I decided to go further by letting her do some K1 assessment books which I bought from popular. Initially, she dreads it but after doing every morning, she starts to like it. She even asked to do it without having me to tell her. Thats why I did the assessment with her until I missed my lunch. Hey but it's worth it. When we get home at 9pm tonight, she still went to do on her own.

In addition, she has been doing well in living santuary kindegarten. When I went to take her homework that day, the teachers told me that Wan Qi was an independant learner and she can learn very fast. She knows all her songs and rythmns even though she just joined them. I was really happy that she is back to her old self again. JIA YOU my little Wan Qi, the happy learner.

To reward her, Xihong actually bought a strawberry doll for her which she had been eyeing for a long time. There's a discount for this doll for her so we bought it for her. It cost $29.90 now instead of $49.90. Gosh, Xihong really pampered her when it comes to buying dolls. Till now she already has 7-8 dolls. And one is not cheap, the one that can poo haha cant remember her name already cost a big hole in our pockets. In the end, she suffers the same fate as her other dolls - no clothes on - including no diaper. For some reason, Wan Qi always likes to take off their clothes - not sure is it because she dont know how to dress them back thats why they always become naked. :P Luckily this stawberry doll s clothes are sewn to her body if not she will end up like the rest of the dolls too.

2 comments:

kkf said...

wanqi is very clever leh!! 4 years old only can acheive so much...me starting to sweat. haha. btw, can let me know what assessment book is that? i can't seem to find in popular leh...:p

Clare's Mummy said...

Hi,

What is the phonics class like? I'm interested to get Clare to go for phonics class but dunno where to send her. =)