Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 2 Hongkong - shopping at causeway bay and end up in NAN YA island

We went to causeway bay to do shopping. Yeo Yeo bought his working shirts in g2000 and they were cheap. :)Then we shopped in times square and met my colleague Hui Ru. She told me the way to go to Lian Xiang by MTR. Thanks to her, we saved money cos I was thinking of taking a cab the next day when we go for dim sum.
And since it started to rain, I decided not to shop in causeway bay. We then proceed to Wellington st where all the yummy food are. Managed to find Lian Xiang but it was simply too crowded so we headed to another famous toast stall. It was just a small eatery but it was packed of people (many famous people patronize this eatery). But we decided not to eat there as the lady boss was so stuck up. Who bothers, dont think the toast or ham macroni will be that great after all. We left the place and walked further down. This place is full of up slope and down slope. PANT PANT PANT!!!
And finally I found the famous wanton noodle eatery. So of course must try. Not bad. Yum Yum Yum. Then I proceed to look for the famous goose restaurant. Unfortunately there are too too many people. Famous people patronize this restaurant too. Saw Goh Chok Tong's picture at the entrance and many other country leaders. wow!
In the meantime, I always take note of the road signs. And I guessed that from Wellington st, I can get to central pier. So we just walked and walked. Finally we saw the MTR and Xihong said we just take it to see if we can make it to central pier to take the ferry to lamma island. But I thought there should be a bus that we can take to the central pier since we are already near zhong huan so I went to the bus stop and true enough there is a bus 15C to central pier. Hit jackpot!!! Yipee. And its a fun ride.



It's so windy at the top of the open top bus. Lucky that we took it after a rain or it will be too hot to enjoy the ride.




Xihong bought this peanut candy at their souvenir shop. But I dont dare to try all this sweet stuff.

So we managed to find central pier.haha Must praise myself for it cos I managed to find the open top bus without going by MTR suggested by Mr Yeo. Killed two birds with one stone. We can enjoy the trip by the open top bus(and its so cheap only $4.60 HKG dollar)plus it stops right at the central pier. If we were to take MTR, we will have to walk a long long way.The ferry fare is only $17.70HKG not even $3 SGD

1 comment:

kkf said...

wow so adventurous...haha