Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wan Qi's First Birthday celebration in Living Santuary

Those who have been reading my blog will know that I had spent a lot of effort in Wan Qi's birthday celebration. Unfortunately, it did not end there. The supplier actually sent the wrong Snow White to me. I thought it was horribly ugly. But since it couldnt be helped, I continued to use them. We wrapped the snow white and bas key chain and packed them together with the pencil case. I spent so much time preparing them and actually forgot to take pictures of them. (smack head)
I also tried to change Wan Qi's old shoe to Snow White black shoe by replacing the pink ribbon to black ribbon. In addition, Wan Qi also repainted the shoe with marker as it was a bit old. And I saved at least $30 without having to buy a new pair of black shoes for Wan Qi. I am sort of relieved that it was finally over. But on the other hand, I was a bit sad that it's over too fast. And my little baby is already 5years old. Whenever I said this to Wan Qi, she will pretend to cry like a baby and let me carry her.




My little niece joined in the singing with Wan Qi. As Wan Qi walked to the front, she signalled to my little niece to come to the front and she did without any hesitation. She is a brave girl. :) And she knew that its Wan Qi's birthday when the song ended,she did not steal the limelight. Instead, she asked Wan Qi to blow the candles which I thought its very mature of her. Think many a times, a young toddler will just blow their friends' candles. haha. It was only when she saw that Wan Qi had problem blowing the candles,she offered her help which kind of scared us out of our wits. She nearly kissed the burning flame. Luckily, she is ok. On the way back, my niece sang a birthday song for Wan Qi. She also sang the new oldies song which was taught by the teacher during assembly time. I love you I love you, she sang and laughed and laughed. Because their teachers were so energetic and cute when they sang this songs and occasionally teasing the children. I am a lousy mummy when it comes to tying Wan Qi's hair. Just trying to fix this red ribbon caused me so much stress. I wanted to put this ribbon in the middle just like Snow White but just couldnt make it. In the end, I took the easy way out, by just clipping by the side

4 comments:

kkf said...

hey clever, how you change the pink ribbon to black?
wow. the snow white costume is nice! where you bought it from? china?

wanqi said...

I bought in Hongkong but not in Disneyland but Ladies Street for $10 sing dollar. haha. Disneyland one cost $70 sing. You can buy when you in Dec

blisstan said...

Pretty Wanqi! :) Happy birthday, Wanqi. Time flies indeed, five years liao. :) More beautiful years to come for sure! :)

wanqi said...

Thanks thank Lih Ling. Very soon it will be Teng's Birthday le. Ya time really files. :> Ha had bought Teng's birthday present. We are getting more and more kiasu now. Always like to get birthday presents in advance.